- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ray Donovan is getting a touch of Deadwood.
The former HBO western’s Ian McShane will guest star on season three of the Showtime drama in a season-long arc. He’ll play Malcolm Finney, a prominent movie producer and billionaire who hires L.A.’s favorite professional fixer, Ray (Liev Schreiber), to get his family out of a potentially catastrophic situation. The two end up forming a very powerful relationship. The role marks a reunion for McShane and his onetime Deadwood co-star Paula Malcomson, who plays Ray’s wife, Abby, in the series.
McShane, known for portraying bad guys, scoundrels and thieves on-screen, can be seen next as a corrupt judge in Bolden and opposite Patrick Wilson in The Man On Carrion Road. His previous film credits also include Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, Hercules, Cuban Fury, Jack and the Giant Slayer and Snow White and the Huntsman. On the small screen, McShane appeared in FX’s American Horror Story: Asylum.
The third installment of Ray Donovan will include twelve episodes and begins production on on January 26 in Los Angeles. It will do so without its creator, Ann Biderman, who stepped down from her showrunning duties last August.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day