- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Ian Ziering is leaving Beverly Hills for the climes of swampy Louisiana.
The actor, who spent a decade starring on Beverly Hills, 90201 before reinventing himself as the star of the schlocky and popular Sharknado movies, has joined the cast of Swamp Thing, the DC Universe series being exec produced by James Wan.
The series, now in production, stars Crystal Reed as Abby Arcane, a young woman who investigates what seems to be a deadly swamp-born virus in a small town in Louisiana but soon discovers that the swamp holds mystical and terrifying secrets.
Ziering will be a recurring guest star as DC character Blue Devil, a stuntman turned hero who fights occult evil. The Warners series described the character as “Stuntman turned movie star, Daniel Cassidy became semi-famous after playing the demonic Blue Devil. But now, eight years later, Cassidy finds himself living out his days in frustration, pining for his former fame while on a collision course with destiny.”
Wan is exec producing along with Mark Verheiden, Gary Dauberman, Michael Clear and Len Wiseman. The show is based on DC characters created by Len Wein and Bernie Wrightson.
Ziering is repped by Glen Clarkson of Synergy Management.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day