- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
This summer, the truth will be … in a box. To be precise, it’ll be in a new big-box X-Files board game from IDW Games.
Drawing from the first years of the long-running Fox show, the board game will be designed by Arkham Horror and Civilization‘s Kevin Wilson, with art direction from menton3, whose previous work includes IDW’s X-Files comic book.
STORY: IDW Publishing to Release ’30 Days of Night,’ ‘Kill Shakespeare’ Games
“Who wouldn’t want the chance to play as the wise-cracking Fox Mulder or the incredibly intelligent Dana Scully?” asked IDW’s director of new business, Jerry Bennington. “What show created more classic villains than The X-Files? I still remember the first time I laid eyes on Flukeman, [and] now we’ll give fans the chance to lose sleep all over again!”
The X-Files board game will be released in July, with a suggested retail price of $59.99.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
This Is Going to Hurt
Kit Connor, Kate Winslet Among Winners of Royal Television Society Program Awards
The Fien Print
‘The Big Door Prize’ Review: Chris O’Dowd in an Apple TV+ Charmer That Stumbles Over Its Ambitions
Jeremy Renner to Make First In-Person Event Appearance Since Snowplow Accident at L.A. Premiere