- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
IFC has given a series order to Garfunkel & Oates.
The comedy pilot, first commissioned in April, will join critical darlings Portlandia and Maron on cable network’s growing roster of scripted originals.
Garfunkel & Oates stars comedy-folk duo Riki Lindhome (Garfunkel) and Kate Micucci (Oates), and will be one of the more female-focused originals IFC has invested in for some time.
“We are huge fans of Riki and Kate; their humor is fresh and accessible and they’ll be a great fit alongside The Spoils of Babylon, Portlandia, Maron and other shows on the horizon,” said IFC president and GM Jennifer Caserta. “Everyone we work with shares our sensibility and passion for creating authentic comedies, and these new relationships will further complement our expanding roster of original programming.”
Set to premiere in 2014, the show will follow the follow the pair’s aspirations and misadventures set to satirical and frequently profane songs — much like HBO’s Flight of the Conchords.
The series is produced by Abominable Pictures, with Lindhome, Micucci and Children’s Hospital‘s Jonathan Stern set at executive producers.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Script to Scene
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier