- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Starting production over the weekend, IFC’s Spoils of Babylon has also firmed up some of the cast appearing in the six-part series.
The network announced Monday morning that Jessica Alba, Val Kilmer, Tobey Maguire, Haley Joel Osment, Michael Sheen, Tim Robbins and Kristen Wiig will all be part of the new original comedy, produced by Funny or Die.
Starring Will Ferrell, Babylon is a parody of epic television miniseries. The tongue-and-cheek logline says it will take “viewers from the oil fields of Texas to boardrooms in New York City, through war torn battlefields and velvet-sheeted bedrooms.”
“This amazingly talented cast will give this decadent genre its due respect,” said IFC president and gm Jennifer Caserta. “Never before has a parody of a mini-series been more poised for showers of accolades.”
Adam McKay, Matt Piedmont, Andrew Steele and Nate Young join Ferrell as executive producers, with Steele and Piedmont as creators and writers and Piedmont directing.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day