- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
MADRID – Spain’s Imagina International Sales has sold fiction series El Barco to Russia’s AXN Channel Sci-Fi, which along with recent sales to Hungary, Poland and Latin America and the United States brings the hit series to 23 territories.
El Barco, which airs on Spain’s Antena 3 and averages 3 million viewers, features a post-apocalyptic maritime journey and stars Spanish heartthrob Mario Casas and Blanca Suarez.
Subscribers to pay TV channel AXN in Poland and Hungary will be able to follow the adventures of El Barco’s crew every Sunday during Access Prime Time.
On the other side of the Atlantic, U.S Spanish-language channel V-ME has started airing El Barco every Thursday at 10 p.m., while Mexico’s Televisa and Brazil’s Globosat will also show the series. El Barco will also reach all of Latin America on the pan-American regional channel DirecTV.
Russia’s CTC Networks, which successfully airs the series, has bid on an option for the show’s format for Russia and CIS territories.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day