- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Here’s the NBC slide from Comcast’s presentation this morning detailing the strengths and benefits of acquiring NBC Universal. Notice anything missing?
Let’s see. There’s news and sports and late night. But no primetime shows.
Well, there’s an image of the “The Office,” but that’s to demonstrate the advertising reach of a series on a broadcast network that has 100% distribution compared to series on cable networks that have limited market reach. But it’s a bit sad that in 36 slides not one NBC primetime series is touted.
It was a different story for NBC Uni’s cable networks:
Comcast — bragging about “Ghost Hunters.” But “Biggest Loser,” “Jay Leno Show” and “Law & Order: SVU?” Not so much. On the conference call, however, Brian Roberts gave verbal shout-outs to a few shows, like “30 Rock,” “Heroes” and “House” … though, of course, the NBC-produced “House” is a huge hit on Fox.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day