- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Chuy Bravo won’t be jumping into the pool on ABC’s Splash.
The upcoming celebrity diving competition, which bows March 19, lost one of its ten contestants after he fractured his heel. A show rep confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that the Chelsea Lately personality, while while he will not be able to dive, will continue to be a part of this season. His diving slot will be taken by soccer player Brandi Chastain.
A two-time Women’s World Cup champion and Olympic gold medalist, 44-year-old Chastain has long been one of the most familiar faces in the sport. She joins retired basketball player Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, skier Rory Bushfield and Detroit Lion Ndamukong Suh as the fourth athlete in the competition.
As for Bravo, his participation in the series will likely include his rather unique training. He entered the competition unable to swim.
“The first day I threw coins in the shallow end of the pool and had him retrieve them all,” Splash trainer Greg Louganis told THR last week. “He really has been a superstar. The first week was all about just getting comfortable with the water.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day