- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Comedy Central is staying in business with Amy Schumer.
The comedian took to her Twitter page on Monday night to announce that the Viacom-owned cable network has renewed Inside Amy Schumer for a second season. (Comedy Central also confirmed the news, with the 10-episode second season set for 2014.)
The sketch comedy series premiered strong on April 30, ranking as Comedy Central’s top premiere of 2013, besting all nonsports programming in the network’s targeted male demos. Following a new episode of Tosh.0, Inside Amy opened to 1.6 million total viewers, rising to 3 million across three plays.
From comedian Schumer, the series combines standup with sketch comedy. It outranks the recently renewed Nathan for You, The Jeselnik Offensive and Kroll Show among total viewers and the targeted demos as the best launch of 2013.
Guests slated to appear during the freshman run include Jon Glaser, Michael Showalter, Amber Tamblyn, Michael Ian Black, Rob Schneider, Abby Elliott, Tig Notaro, Tom Papa, Lisa Lampanelli, Dave Attell, Will Janowitz, Nikki Glaser, Sara Schaefer and Missi Pyle.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day