- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
AMC’s Interview with the Vampire reboot has found its immortal vampire Lestat.
Actor Sam Reid (The Astronaut Wives Club, The Newsreader) has been cast in the iconic role made famous by Anne Rice’s series of bestselling novels, The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed.
The book version of Interview with the Vampire focused on two vampires, Louis, who attempted to cling to the remains of his morality, and Lestat, who’s a seductive and manipulative psychopath, and their journey across centuries in America and Europe.
A 1996 feature film version directed by Neil Jordan cast Tom Cruise as Lestat, and many felt the action star was miscast in the role. Stuart Townsend also played the role in the 2002 spin-off Queen of the Damned.
The new project is from showrunner Rolin Jones (Perry Mason). The pilot will be directed by Alan Taylor, the Game of Thrones helmer who is the subject of a deep-dive THR profile this week. The eight-episode first season is expected to debut in 2022.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day