- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The first Marvel drama has been canceled at Netflix.
Iron Fist, the fourth in the original four-show deal between the streaming giant and Disney’s Marvel, will not return for a third season.
“Marvel’s Iron Fist will not return for a third season on Netflix. Everyone at Marvel Television and Netflix is proud of the series and grateful for all of the hard work from our incredible cast, crew and showrunners. We’re thankful to the fans who have watched these two seasons, and for the partnership we’ve shared on this series. While the series on Netflix has ended, the immortal Iron Fist will live on,” reps for Netflix and Marvel said late Friday in a statement to The Hollywood Reporter.
The news arrives a month after the Marvel Entertainment-produced drama released its second season, which returned with Raven Metzner (Sleepy Hollow) replacing Scott Buck as showrunner. Sources at the time of the renewal told THR that Iron Fist brought in an entirely new writers room for season two in a bid to make the second season more grounded than its first. Reviews for season two improved, but it doesn’t seem like it was enough to get the show a third season.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day