- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Despite terrible reviews, Netflix has renewed Iron Fist for a second season.
The announcement was made Friday at Comic-Con, where Marvel Television and Netflix are presenting a panel for upcoming miniseries The Defenders. Marvel head of television Jeph Loeb also used the Comic-Con stage to reveal that Simone Missick’s Luke Cage character, Misty Knight, will make her way to Iron Fist‘s sophomore run.
Iron Fist launched to controversy after Netflix and Marvel cast Game of Thrones‘ Finn Jones as the lead. The source material has been accused of appropriating Asian culture, and a massive movement called for Netflix and Marvel to remedy that by casting an Asian-American in the lead. Critics universally lambasted the drama’s pacing, cast and authenticity.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
More from The Hollywood Reporter
The Lord of the Rings: The Rings of Power
Horse Dies on Amazon’s ‘The Rings of Power’ Set, PETA Calls for Use of CGI Animals
‘Great Expectations’ Review: Olivia Colman in an FX/Hulu Dickens Adaptation That Strains for Edginess
the tonight show
‘Succession’ Star Kieran Culkin Explains Why Roman Roy Doesn’t Seem to Understand Chairs