- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Netflix’s Sherlock Holmes-adjacent series The Irregulars grew by a sizable amount in its second week of release, taking over the top spot in Nielsen’s streaming rankings. The previous top original series, The Falcon and the Winter Soldier, posted identical viewing time numbers.
The rankings for the week of March 29-April 4 are also notable in that for the first time, a series from all four of the platforms Nielsen measures — Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, Hulu and Netflix — ranks among the top 10 originals. Streaming volume overall, however, remained on the low side.
The Irregulars racked up 643 million minutes of viewing time for the week, a 52 percent jump over its debut week (424 million minutes). That was good for both the top spot among original series and overall, regardless of classification.
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier came in with 628 million minutes of watch time for the week of its third episode — exactly the same number as the previous week. Hulu’s Solar Opposites (171 million minutes) and Amazon’s Invincible (139 million) also cracked the top 10 originals, the latter coinciding with the release of its fourth episode.
Grey’s Anatomy (580 million minutes) ranked first among acquired shows, and Netflix’s Bad Trip (344 million) remained the top feature film.
Streaming platforms contend Nielsen’s methodology doesn’t capture the full scope of viewing on devices other than TV sets. Nielsen also only measures U.S. audiences, not those in other countries, and currently only includes Amazon, Disney+, Hulu and Netflix in its rankings.
Nielsen’s streaming top 10s for March 29-April 4 are below. Original streaming films are marked with an asterisk.
1. The Irregulars (Netflix), 643 million minutes viewed
2. The Falcon and the Winter Soldier (Disney+), 628 million
3. Who Killed Sara? (Netflix), 553 million
4. Ginny & Georgia (Netflix), 292 million
5. The Crown (Netflix), 287 million
6. Nailed It! (Netflix), 250 million
7. Solar Opposites (Hulu), 171 million
8. The Great British Baking Show (Netflix), 170 million
9. The Serpent (Netflix), 161 million
10. Invincible (Amazon), 139 millon
1. Grey’s Anatomy (Netflix), 580 million minutes
2. NCIS (Netflix), 535 million
3. Cocomelon (Netflix), 515 million
4. Criminal Minds (Netflix), 489 million
5. Heartland (Netflix), 413 million
6. Supernatural (Netflix), 377 million
7. Schitt’s Creek (Netflix), 338 million
8. Gilmore Girls (Netflix), 283 million
9. New Girl (Netflix), 280 million
10. Big Time Rush (Netflix), 248 million
1. Bad Trip* (Netflix), 344 million minutes
2. Secret Magic Control Agency* (Netflix), 268 million
3. Hop (Netflix), 217 million
4. Moana (Disney+), 193
5. Concrete Cowboy* (Netflix), 190 million
6. Octonauts and the Ring of Fire (Netflix), 176 million
7. Raya and the Last Dragon* (Disney+), 175 million
8. Seaspiracy* (Netflix), 136 million
9. Yes Day* (Netflix), 118 million
10. Coming 2 America* (Amazon), 109 million
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day