- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Time to stock up on the Kleenex.
With nearly a month left to go before This Is Us returns, NBC on Wednesday unveiled the first video footage from the highly anticipated second season. And — spoiler alert — the acclaimed Dan Fogelman drama doesn’t waste time getting to the waterworks.
Following the events of the season one finale, in which Randall (Sterling K. Brown) said he wanted to adopt a child, the three-minute scene shows him asking his adopted mother Rebecca (Mandy Moore) just how she and his dearly departed adopted dad Jack (Milo Ventimiglia) decided to adopt him.
The scene then flashes back to Jack and Rebecca in the hospital right after the Big Three’s birth as Rebecca explains to Randall just how Jack convinced her to adopt Randall.
Watch the tearful scene below:
— This Is Us (@NBCThisisUs) August 23, 2017
This Is Us returns Tuesday, Sept. 26, at 9 p.m. on NBC.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day