- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Emmy-winner Sterling K. Brown has set up a pod deal at 20th Century Fox TV, the studio behind the hit series he stars in, This Is Us.
Under the deal, Brown will develop projects for 20th, which is on the verge of being absorbed into the Disney empire. Dana Walden, currently chairman and CEO of Fox Entertainment Group, is set to take on a similar role at Disney and continue to oversee the studio.
Brown is the third star of This Is Us to set up a pod deal at 20th, joining Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia. The show, in its third season on NBC, is a marquee property for the studio and is currently the top-rated drama on network TV.
Brown won an Emmy in 2017 for playing Randall Pearson on This Is Us. He also won one in 2016 for his role as prosecutor Christopher Darden in The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story and was a double nominee in 2018 for This Is Us and a Brooklyn Nine-Nine guest spot. His recent film credits include The Predator, Black Panther and Marshall.
Brown is repped by Innovative Artists, JWS Entertainment and Bloom Hergott.
Deadline first reported the news of Brown’s pod deal.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day