- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
New details from the fiery car crash that killed Jackass star Ryan Dunn have been released by police who responded to the early-morning scene.
Police were called to the scene at 2:38 a.m., writes Officer Knerr of the West Goshen Township Police department, located in Pennsylvania. “Upon arrival, police located one vehicle in the road and in the woods that was fully engulfed in flames,” reads the police report.
“The driver and the passenger in the vehicle died as a result of the injuries sustained in the accident,” continues the report. “Information of the passenger will be released pending positive identification.”
Dunn was driving a 2007 Porsche 911 GT3.
“Preliminary investigation revealed that speed may have been a contributing factor to the accident,” according the the report. Dunn posted photos online of himself drinking with pals just a few hours earlier, sparking some outrage on Twitter against drunk driving. However, “DUI” was not checked on the police report.
Fans took to Twitter Monday to pay tribute to Dunn, who had starred in every Jackass movie since 2002.
His friend Bam Margera’s mother, April, first confirmed his death to a local radio station.
Jackass 3D, which hit theaters in October 2010, has earned more than $117 million domestically.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day