- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jackass star Steve-O has been tapped to host Killer Karaoke for TruTV.
The cable network picked up eight episodes of the series based on the international format Sing If You Can. The series will challenge contestants to break into sing in the midst of extreme situations.
The series hails from Zodiak USA, which also produces the network’s Hardcore Pawn, All Worked Up and Lizard Lick Towing.
“Killer Karaoke is a music competition show as only TruTV would do it — hilarious, outrageous and wild,” said Marc Juris, executive vp and GM of truTV.
TruTV has set an early 2012 premiere for the series.
Grant Mansfield, Natalka Znak and Claire O’Donohoe will executive produce for Zodiak USA, with Noah Bonnett serving as co-executive producer. Robyn Hutt will oversee for TruTV with Angel Annussek exec producing.
Steve-O is best known for his antics on the MTV series Jackass as well as the franchise’s three big-screen series and its spinoff series Wilidboyz. Each week contestants will be challenged to sng a hit song while testing their limits to overcome physical challenges.
“I’m in love with the concept of this show and overjoyed to be a part of it,” he said. “I cannot wait to get started.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day