- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jake Gyllenhaal has trouble sometimes when drinking coffee.
The Demolition star stopped by Monday’s Tonight Show to co-star with Jimmy Fallon in a messy skit. The two donned police uniforms to play characters in a fake ‘80s-era cop show called Point Pleasant Police Department.
Yet while drinking coffee, eating snacks and arguing aggressively in the office, Gyllenhaal and Fallon repeatedly spit in each other’s faces, to the point where Fallon’s prop mustache often falls off.
“I’ve had some pretty intense roles, but this was the most intense,” joked Gyllenhaal. “It’s really in-your-face.”
During the episode, Gyllenhaal also dished on his botched auditions for Dude, Where’s My Car? and Lord of the Rings.
“I auditioned for a lot of classics I’m not in!” he joked. He played the part in the comedy way too seriously and was never told to have a British accent for the latter audition.. Peter Jackson told him, “You are the worst actor I have ever seen.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day