- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Emmy and Golden Globe nominee has boarded the cabler’s original drama series When Calls the Heart, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The series, based on the best-selling novel of the same name by Janette Oke, stars Lori Loughlin and Jack Wagner in the story of a school teacher (Erin Krakow) who arrives in a 19th century coal mining town.
Brolin will guest star in the season finale and play circuit judge Jedidiah Black, a legendary man who is insolent, insufferable and incorruptible who is welcomed to Coal Valley in a bid to bring justice to the town. The role has the potential to return in a greater capacity in the potential second season of the drama.
The casting reteams Brolin with the Hallmark Channel, where he starred in the original movie Christmas With Tucker, which ranks as Hallmark Movie Channel’s most-watched original premiere among total households and women 25-54.Brolin’s credits include The Reagans, Marcus Welby, M.D., Hotel, The West Wing, Law & Order: SVU, Community and Castle. He’s repped by UTA and Scott Hart Management.
The season finale airs March 29 at 9 p.m. on Hallmark Channel.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day