- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Late Late Show with James Corden celebrated its inaugural April’s Fools Day Wednesday, and his guests rose to the occasion.
Yahoo global news anchor Katie Couric paid her first visit to Corden’s new show, where she staged an elaborate prank that turned the new late night host white as a sheet and caused him to let several expletives slip.
As seen in the video below, Couric employed a convincing stunt double – dressed in the same outfit and all – to make Corden believe she had taken a nasty fall down the stairs on her way to the stage.
As fellow guest Jeremy Piven noted to Corden after the fact, “your reaction is priceless.”
Couric joins Corden’s increasingly impressive list of guests, which includes Tom Hanks, Mila Kunis, David Beckham, Patricia Arquette, Chris Pines, Claire Danes, and Bob Odenkirk, among others.
Watch Couric’s prank below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day