- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
It started out innocent enough, with Corden and James shouting out their sons’ names as they sat near each other on the bleachers. Then the passive-aggressive insults began.
“Did Charlie skip a grade or something?” asked James. Corden said no. “He’s a little smaller than the rest of the guys,” James commented.
“Has your son ever skipped a meal?” retorted James, saying that Oliver looked “a little heavy.”
When they held up signs, the tension continued. James then went offscreen and came back in a red jumpsuit with pom-poms, ready to cheer. The two dads began to one-up each other, bringing out stereos, cheerleading costumes, a DJ booth and an entire marching band.
Adam Sandler also made an appearance as a referee to tell the fathers that the game had ended an hour ago. Sandler took over the DJ station to sing as the other two men desperately searched for their lost sons.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day