- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
James Corden continues to think outside of the box.
The Late Late Show host has scheduled a YouTube-focused episode for Aug. 21, featuring some of the platform’s biggest stars.
The episode will be filmed inside YouTube Space L.A., where Corden will interview Jenna Marbles, Tyler Oakley, Kandee Johnson, the Slo Mo Guys and the creators of Epic Rap Battles of History, in addition to up-and-coming talent.
“YouTube has become a big part of the late-night television experience, and we are delighted to celebrate their 10-year anniversary this way. The show will be packed full of surprises, games and music — all with a YouTube twist,” Late Late Show EP Ben Winston said.
The decision follows the Corden episode filmed entirely inside a stranger’s house that the show did during its first week. The YouTube episode comes as Corden and company are looking for new ways to cut through the late-night clutter, as his lead-in awaits new host Stephen Colbert and is in the interim period of repeats that the host admittedly was worried about. Since his debut, Corden has received praise for his creativity, which has included dozens of viral videos.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day