- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The Late Late Show had an unexpected host Tuesday in Harry Styles, who took over for James Corden with “two and a half hours’ notice” after Corden’s wife, Julia Carey, went into labor.
Corden himself shared the happy news Tuesday night on Twitter, writing, “Today we welcomed a beautiful baby daughter into the world. Both she and her mother are doing great. We can’t stop smiling. Thank you Harry for stepping in to host the show at 2 and a half hours notice! x x x”
Carey and Corden are already parents to son Max, six, and daughter Carey, three.
The show’s executive producer also shared the news, tweeting, “Crazy day. Our wonderful host @JKCorden had his baby today with a half hour to go before the show! Congrats to the Cordens. And thanks to the incredible @Harry_Styles for stepping in literally at the last minute. What a performance with no prep!”
During his appearance, the Dunkirk star and ex-One Direction crooner made some jokes at Corden’s expense. Sharing the news with the audience, Styles explained that he was just at the hospital before his hosting gig, and the baby “looks a lot like James, mainly because James looks like a giant baby.”
See the clip below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day