- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
James Franco is heading to The Mindy Project. The actor is set for an arc on the Fox comedy’s upcoming season, reuniting him with This Is the End co-star Mindy Kaling. Fox announced the guest appearance on Tuesday, noting that the actor will appear in two episodes of the second season — starting with the Sept. 24 premiere.
Franco is set to play Dr. Paul Leotard. The charming doctor is a replacement for Mindy, who departed the Shulman & Associates practice in the recent finale for a volunteer mission in Haiti. A former model, Dr. Leotard gave up on his first career when he walked off a runway and was saved by a pregnant woman.
When Franco makes his Mindy Project debut, he joins a rather esteemed group of guest stars. The first season of the comedy welcomed Seth Rogen, B.J. Novak, Mark Duplass, Jay Duplass, Allison Williams and Ellie Kemper.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Warner Bros. Discovery