- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Though scheduling details are still being worked out, a General Hospital rep says the story arc will be “long-term” and last “into the fall.”
Franco’s character will unveil his “most twisted plan yet” when he returns to Port Charles just in time for the wedding of his crush Jason Morgan (Steve Burton), according to TV Guide, which first reported the story.
The 27 Hours star first appeared on ABC’s daytime drama in 2009, when he shot three days of scenes that unfolded in 23 episodes.
This marks the actor’s fourth appearance on General Hospital; his most recent stint on the show was in Feb. where he managed to reference the Academy Awards, which he had just hosted. Wearing a tuxedo and surrounded by shirtless portraits of himself, Franco poked fun at his hosting gig as well as his jack-of-all trades reputation during a phone call.
PHOTOS: Backstage at the 83rd Academy Awards
“You know, I’ve been doing some more art,” he says. “Self-portraits. I know, I know, multi-tasker. How about you? You kill anyone lately? Well, I miss that, I really do. Look, I could chat all night but I have to run. I have a big event to attend. Very, very big deal.”
Franco’s next stars in Rise of the Planet of the Apes, which opens Aug. 5.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day