- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
James Van Der Beek wants you in his pants.
The former Dawson’s Creek star who plays a heightened version of himself in ABC’s upcoming comedy Don’t Trust the B—- in Apt 23 has turned spokesman for Beek Jeans, his fictional persona’s newest endeavor.
The new promo for the comedy — from showrunners Nahnatchka Khan and David Hemingson –is one of many comedic references that will be featured on the series that stars Dreama Walkeras June, a fresh-off-the-turnip truck New Yorker who moves in with Krysten Ritter‘s Chloe — the “bitch” from the title.
In the pilot, which was released online earlier this week, Van Der Beek references an energy drink commercial that the production ultimately decided to shoot and turn into the end tag featured in the episode. The Beek Jeans spot, below, follows in the same vein.
“I have my own line of jeans, there’s a sex tape at one point. Every week it’s something crazier,” Van Der Beek told The Hollywood Reporter. “Nahsh and I are always going back and forth and riffing on how would this guy act in this situation.”
Check out the promo below. Apt 23 premieres Wednesday, April 11 at 9:30 p.m. on ABC.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day