- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jamie Bell is ready to shine.
The Rocketman and Turn alum has joined Elisabeth Moss and Wagner Moura in Apple’s straight-to-series drama Shining Girls.
Based on Lauren Beukes’ 2013 best-selling novel, Bell will play Harper, a mysterious loner with a surprising connection to Moss’ Kirby, a reporter who survives a brutal assault only to find her reality shifting as she hunts down her attacker. Moura plays Dan, a veteran journalist breaking the widening story of a copycat attack.
Silka Luisa serves as showrunner on Shining Girls and exec produces alongside Moss and her Love & Squalor Pictures banner topper Lindsey McManus. Leonardo DiCaprio and his Appian Way banner’s Jennifer Davidson will also exec produce. Author Beukes and Alan Page Arriaga are also on board as EPs. The drama hails from MRC Television.
Bell’s credits include Without Remorse, Rocketman, Turn, Billy Elliot, Jumper, Fantastic Four and the 2013 feature Snowpiercer. He’s repped by UTA, 3 Arts and Sloane Offer.
(MRC Television is a division of MRC, a co-owner of The Hollywood Reporter through a joint venture with Penske Media titled P-MRC.)
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
Script to Scene
The Falcon and the Winter Soldier