- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jamie Bell is heading to television.
Set in colonial New York, Long Island and Connecticut, Turn centers on a band of young soldiers and civilians who come together to form America’s first top-secret spy ring and help turn the tide against the British. Along the way, they create the foundation of the espionage trade through trial and error and great personal sacrifice.
Bell will play the lead role of Abraham Woodhull, husband to Mary and father to their young son, Abe. He is a cabbage farmer living in the small town of Setauket, Long Island. Hardworking and intent on paying back any debts, Abraham smuggles his cabbage crop on the black market, where he is captured by Colonials then pressed into spying for the Patriot cause.
Executive producers on Turn include Silverstein, who also will write, and Barry Josephson. Rupert Wyatt will direct the pilot.
Repped by WME and Artists Independent Management, Bell’s credits include Man on a Ledge, The Adventures of Tintin, Jane Eyre and Defiance. He next appears in Snowpiercer and Nymphomaniac.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day