- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Emmy winner Jane Alexander has been cast as Queen Elizabeth in Hallmark Channel’s original movie about Prince William and his soon-to-be-bride, Kate Middleton.
The telefilm, titled William & Kate: A Royal Love Story, is set to go into production May 11 in Bucharest. It premieres at 9 p.m. Aug. 13, just a couple weeks ahead of the 14-year anniversary of the death of William’s mother, Princess Diana.
The movie tells the love story of William and Middleton, from their time as students at St. Andrews, William’s military training at Sandhurst Military Academy, their break-up, their engagement and royal advice from the queen, William’s grandmother.
Linda Yellen, who executive produced the TV movie The Royal Romance of Charles and Diana for CBS in 1982, wrote and will produce the biopic.
Alexander has been nominated for seven Emmys, winning for her roles in HBO’s Warm Springs in 2005 and CBS’ Playing for Time in 1980. She also is a four-time Oscar nominee for roles in such films as Kramer vs. Kramer and All the President’s Men.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day