- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Winter is coming for Jane Curtin.
The Saturday Night Live grad has joined the cast of Fox’s Liz Meriwether comedy pilot Thin Ice, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The 20th Television project centers on a woman who reclaims her dreams when she finds herself at the end of the Earth — Antarctica — surrounded by a brilliant group of misfits. Curtin will play Mrs. Brooks, a recent widow excited to finally be in Antarctica and a part of the research team.
Bridgit Mendler (Undateable) toplines the comedy, with Ian Harding (Pretty Little Liars), Isiah Whitlock Jr. (The Wire), Ramona Young, Dan Gill and Trond Fausa also set to star.
New Girl creator Meriwether penned the script with Ed Macdonald and Mark Grimmer. She will executive produce with Katherine Pope, and James Ponsoldt is set to direct.
In addition to her tenure on SNL — during which time she served as Weekend Update‘s first female anchor — Curtin’s TV roots date back to her starring roles on Kate & Allie and 3rd Rock From the Sun. Her most recent credits include The Heat, The Librarians and Unforgettable. The two-time Emmy winner is repped by ICM.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day