- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The TV exec, who stepped down as CEO of Kudos, owned by Endemol Shine Group, last spring after 15 years with the U.K. production house, will continue to work on Broadchurch, which will soon start production on its third season for ITV.
Sister Pictures will become a co-producer of the series alongside Kudos and writer Chris Chibnall’s company, Imaginary Friends. The company also has announced a new drama series based in the world of divorce lawyers, The Split, from Abi Morgan, creator of TV series The Hour and River and writer of such films as The Iron Lady and Suffragette.
Joining Featherstone as Sister Pictures’ head of development is Katie Carpenter, who was a development exec for Kudos.
“This is a great time to be starting again, with such a range of global opportunities in scripted,” said Featherstone. “My passion is working with writers, and I am relishing the prospect of establishing Sister Pictures as an independent home where I can continue to collaborate with some of the big names in drama, as well as having the opportunity to support the next raft of authors in making some brilliant television.”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day