- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Adam Rodriguez’s slate keeps filling up.
Rodriguez will recur on The CW comedy as Jonathan, Jane’s (Gina Rodriguez, no relation) very critical writing professor who does not believe in coddling students. Complications, naturally, ensue.
“In the writers room, we broke this arc with Adam in mind and we are all so thrilled to have him,” said Jane the Virgin showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman in a statement. “Wahooo!”
Rodriguez has also been tapped to direct episode 12 of Scorpion’s sophomore season.
CBS Television Studios, which produces both series, has a longstanding relationship with the actor. He starred on CSI: Miami for 10 years, during which time he also wrote and directed two episodes. He most recently starred in the studio’s summer legal drama Reckless.
Rodriguez’s other credits include Roswell, Ugly Betty and The Night Shift. He is repped by UTA and A Management Company.
Jane the Virgin’s new season premieres Monday, Oct. 12 at 9 p.m. on The CW. Scorpion airs Mondays at 10 p.m. on CBS.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day