- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
ABC has cast its Lady Van Helsing.
The pilot is described as a sexy gothic soap set in the present that weaves together a mythology that incorporates the legends of Dracula, Jekyll and Hyde, Frankenstein and Dorian Gray, among others.
Montgomery will play Grace Van Helsing, the partner of Chris Egan‘s (Kings) Dorian Gray and ex-girlfriend of Victor Frankenstein (EastEnders‘ Tom Ellis), who is still in love with her. The character is further described as coming from a famous publishing family and having an edgy style. She’s an established writer who sets out to find the truth about who killed her parents.
Smash‘s Raza Jaffrey also co-stars.
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice‘s Matt Lopez will pen the pilot for ABC Studios and executive produce alongside the Mark Gordon Co.’s Mark Gordon. Anand Tucker will direct the pilot, which is slated to film in Montreal.
British import Montgomery starred in CBS’ short-lived family legal drama Made in Jersey this season. The series was axed after just two episodes. Repped by UTA, Anonymous Content and Morris Yorn, her credits include Human Target and Entourage.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day