- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Janina Gavankar is returning to Fox.
The Sleepy Hollow alum is set as the third lead in the network’s untitled Erin Foster comedy pilot.
Loosely based on Foster’s life, the project revolves around Andi (Foster), a single thirtysomething who refuses to settle down, and her playboy dad (Don Johnson). Andi’s world is turned upside down when she discovers her dad has fallen in love with her best friend (Gavankar).
Gavankar’s Sasha is described as smart, funny and Andi’s best friend. She and Andi tell one another everything — except for the fact that she recently started dating her father.
The role brings Gavankar back to Fox after her role in the final season of Sleepy Hollow. Her credits include features Blindspotting, The Vanishing of Sidney Hall and TV’s True Blood. She is repped by APA, Sanders Armstrong Caserta Management and Felker Toczek.
Foster penned the script and will executive produce alongside New Girl‘s Liz Meriwether, 3 Arts’ Oly Obst and Josh Lieberman. Kat Coiro will direct the pilot.
Keep up with all the latest pilot orders, castings and eventual series pickups with THR‘s handy guide.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day