- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Although The Originals‘ season three is set to focus on the Original family’s sire lines, one notable new human will be making himself known: Jason Dohring‘s Detective Kinney.
“Jason’s character is decidedly human,” The Originals creator Julie Plec tells The Hollywood Reporter. “It’s a nice breath of fresh air. He plays a detective. There is a crime that happens in the first episode, and he comes in to investigate it. He’s working closely with some of our characters. The question is, how much does he know or not know about what’s going on in the supernatural world? And what’s going to happen to him as a result of digging too deep?”
Dohring, who is best known for playing Logan on the Veronica Mars television series and its 2014 follow-up film, first will appear in The Originals‘ third-season premiere.
THR has the exclusive first photos of Dohring’s guest spot (from his scenes in the second hour of season three), including Kinney interacting with Leah Pipes‘ Cami.
The Originals returns Thursday, Oct. 8, at 9 p.m. on The CW. Are you excited to see Dohring on the series?
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day