- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Written by Sarah Watson (Parenthood, About a Boy), the drama centers on a controversial, outrageous, young tech titan who opens his own hospital with a cutting-edge approach to medicine. Michelle Lee, head of development at Katims’ Universal Television-based True Jack banner, will executive produce alongside Katims and Watson.
The project marks Katims’ first broadcast sale this development season. True Jack also sold a romantic comedy to Showtime earlier this year and is making a big push in cable this season. The Katims-Watson entry is also an off-network buy for CBS. Off-network sales have become more commonplace in recent years. Both Katims and Watson have overall deals at Universal Television, which produces both Parenthood and movie adaptation About a Boy. Last year, Watson — who has been with NBC’s Parenthood from its inception — teamed with Katims to develop an edgy romantic comedy set at a law firm at ABC last season.
The drama comes as technology-focused fare continues to heat up. HBO’s Silicon Valley is up for a best comedy Emmy and AMC just renewed ’80s hacker entry Halt & Catch Fire for a second season. Meanwhile, CBS will launch CSI: Cyber come midseason.
Katims is repped by CAA; Watson is with UTA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day