- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jason Ritter is headed for court.
The Parenthood alum has joined David E. Kelley’s Amazon legal drama Goliath, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
The series stars Billy Bob Thornton as a down-and-out lawyer on the hunt for redemption against his former law firm and his ex-partner (William Hurt). His only shot depends on getting justice in a legal system where the truth has become a commodity and where the scales of justice are tipped in favor of the rich and powerful.
Ritter will play Joe Farley, a wry but savvy FBI special agent.
In addition to Oscar winners Thornton and Hurt, Ritter joins a cast that includes Maria Bello, Olivia Thirlby, Molly Parker, Nina Arianda and Tania Raymonde. Kelley exec produces the series with Jonathan Shapiro, Ross Fineman, Larry Trilling and David Semel.
For Ritter, Goliath follows recent recurring roles on Girls and Comedy Central’s Another Period as well as film roles in The Meddler and the upcoming Intervention. The actor, who earned an Emmy nomination for his role on Parenthood, is repped by ICM and Burstein Company.
Goliath marks the first Amazon original to earn a straight-to-series order. The drama’s entire eight-episode first season premieres Oct. 14.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day