- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
UPDATED: From tonight’s “Jay Leno Show” … here’s the video and transcript … what’s interesting is that Jay Leno seems to be just as much in the dark about NBC’s plans as everybody else — and is once again making jokes about leaving for a rival network.
— HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO KATIE COURIC, IT’S HER BIRTHDAY TODAY. SHE LEFT NBC FOR ANOTHER NETWORK. I HAVE TO GIVE HER CALL TO SEE HOW THAT IS WORKING OUT.
— AS YOU MAY HAVE HEARD, THERE IS A RUMOR FLOATING AROUND THAT WE WERE CANCELED. I HEARD IT COMING IN THIS MORNING ON THE RADIO. SO FAR NO ONE HAS SAID ANYTHING TO ME. BUT KEV, IF WE DID GET CANCELED IT WILL GIVE US TIME TO DO SOME TRAVELING. I UNDERSTAND THAT FOX IS BEAUTIFUL THIS TIME OF YEAR.
— I DON’T THINK THERE IS ANY TRUTH TO THE RUMORS. SEE, IT’S ALWAYS BEEN MY EXPERIENCE THAT NBC ONLY CANCELS YOU WHEN YOU’RE IN FIRST PLACE. SO WE ARE FINE. WE ARE OK.
— YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENED? NBC FOUND FOUR GUNS IN MY LOCKER. I WAS SUSPENDED.
— THE JUSTICE DEPARTMENT ANNOUNCED THEY WILL CONDUCT AN ANTI-TRUST REVIEW OF COMCAST’S PROPOSED DEAL TO MERGE WITH NBC. AN ANTI-TRUST REVIEW. WHICH IS THE RELATIONSHIP I HAVE WITH NBC. ANTI-TRUST.
— HEY KEV, WHAT DOES NBC STAND FOR? NEVER BELIEVE YOUR CONTRACT. BUT YOU KNOW…
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day