- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Leno made his return to Tonight for the first time as a guest since Jimmy Fallon took over — and he had plenty of fun challenging Fallon’s masculinity and reminding fellow guest Lucy Liu that he was her “first” (late night host, that is).
Leno recounted a story in which Fallon asked him for car advice, telling the car buff he wanted to buy an “old-timey” car. (Warning sign No. 1.) His tip to the younger comedian? Don’t get a classic car, because you don’t know how to work on them.
“Look at these hands ladies and gentlemen. That’s like a puppy’s paw,” Leno said, holding up Fallon’s hand to the camera. “This is the hand of a five-year-old and it’s actually pink!”
“This is your first time with Jimmy, but I was your first,” he told Liu.
Leno started his appearance with a stand-up set, doing a bit about how silly the concept of the Apple wristphone is.
“Bob, I didn’t mean to call you. I’m in the men’s room. I must have penis dialed you by mistake,” said Leno.
Leno bid The Tonight Show farewell in February to make way for Fallon. He’ll soon be back on late night TV when he serves as Craig Ferguson‘s finale Late Late Show guest Dec. 19. He’s also got a CNBC show in the works for next year.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day