- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
After rolling out his impersonations of Jay Z and Donald Trump at the 2016 American Music Awards on Sunday night, host Jay Pharoah also channeled his inner Kanye West.
Before introducing Green Day’s performance, Pharoah read a rant he supposedly received from West. “Hahhhhhh, I invented McDonald’s, haaah. I’m a better writer than Dr. Seuss, fam. Haaah! I am Jupiter’s third moon and Gargamel, the rest of y’all are Smurfs,” he said in his best West voice. “It’s about the kids, bro. By the way, slay, Gaga — yasssss!”
Just hours prior, West canceled his seventh show at The Forum in Inglewood, Calif., a makeup concert for a Nov. 3 gig that the rapper cut short due to vocal issues. At his previous show in Sacramento, West cut the stint short after calling out Jay Z, Hillary Clinton and Beyonce. The unfiltered hip-hop star also voiced his support for President-elect Donald Trump, after telling a crowd at his San Jose concert that he didn’t vote.
Watch Pharoah’s Kanye West impersonation below.
This story first appeared on billboard.com
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day