- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
JB Smoove is headed to 20th Century Fox Television.
The Curb Your Enthusiasm star has signed a talent holding and development deal with the studio that will see the actor, comedian and author develop and potentially star in a comedy series under his Four Square Miles production banner.
“Nobody makes me laugh harder than JB Smoove. His work on Curb or his interviews with Howard Stern — you can’t deny his amazing comedic POV! He’s a gifted writer, comedian and actor. We are so lucky to have him in a deal at the studio,” said 20th Century Fox Television president of creative affairs Jonnie Davis.
While the holding deal locks Smoove into a possible role on a series he created or another show produced by 20th TV, the development side of the deal will also see him exec produce other projects for the studio.
The deal arrives as tickets for Smoove’s 2019 nationwide “Lollygagging” theater stand-up tour goes on sale. He is currently filming the upcoming season of HBO’s Curb and recently completed production on Spider-Man: Far From Home. He’s repped by UTA, Authentic Talent & Literary Management and attorney Roger A. Pliakas.
The deal arrives as 20th TV is on the cusp of becoming a Disney-owned brand.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day