- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Zucker informed employees on July 19 that he planned to have heart surgery to treat a long-standing condition and would be out of the office for six weeks recovering.
Upon returning last week, Zucker thanked employees for their well-wishes during his absence, said he was feeling great and told everyone that he was happy to be back, the spokeswoman said.
Zucker, who re-upped his contract at the network through 2020, has a lengthy medical history, including battles with colon cancer and Bell’s palsy.
NBC News reported on Aug. 3 that Zucker was “doing great” following the procedure.
His return is surely a shot in the arm of a news organization that is attacked regularly by President Donald Trump and his administration. Trump tweeted about CNN 10 times in August, and on Aug. 30, while Zucker was out on medical leave, Trump tweeted that “Little Jeff Z has done a terrible job, his ratings suck, & AT&T should fire him to save credibility!”
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day