- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
From THR’s interview with the outgoing NBC executive:
THR: What’s your biggest regret?
Zucker: My biggest regret would be that we weren’t able to turn around NBC Entertainment quickly, although I’m very encouraged about the seeds of the turnaround that have been planted. We have a long way to go. There is nothing certain about any of this. But we launched a number of new shows this week. None of our shows was dead on arrival. We have had a pretty good week. And I think the seeds of a turnaround are very much in place.
THR: Any regrets about the decision to bring in Ben Silverman as NBC Entertainment president in 2007?
Zucker: I think it turns out Ben was probably better suited to being a producer than an executive.
THR: How’s your relationship with Jay Leno and Conan O’Brien now?
Zucker: I regret how publicly that played out. But that was just an example of not being afraid to take a chance. That one didn’t work out. In 24 1/2 years, I made thousands and thousands of decisions here, and in the aggregate most of them worked.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day
saturday night live