- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
The 2018-19 TV season is shaping up to be a hectic one for Jenna Dewan.
The actress and World of Dance host has landed a recurring part in season two of The Resident at Fox. She’ll also be a series regular on Mixtape for Netflix — which began life as a Fox pilot — in addition to continuing on NBC’s World of Dance.
On The Resident, Dewan will play Julian Lynn, a “sharp and sophisticated” medical device rep and former dancer who got into her current line of work after a device helped save her life. As the season progresses, however, she’ll become more aware of the shadier side of her business.
Her casting comes a couple weeks after Netflix picked up Mixtape, a drama about “the love stories connecting a diverse, disparate group of people in contemporary Los Angeles through the music that lives inside their hearts and minds.” It comes from former Quantico and Smash showrunner Joshua Safran. Both Mixtape and The Resident are produced by 20th Century Fox TV.
Dewan currently hosts World of Dance on NBC. The show’s third season is set to premiere in March 2019, its first run during the regular TV season.
Dewan is repped by Management 360, UTA and Bloom Hergott.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day