- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
UPDATE: Elfman’s deal is now closed for her to star.
Jenna Elfman is in talks to join NBC’s upcoming comedy The Family Guide.
She’d replace Parker Posey, who exited the single-camera project a day after it was ordered to series. Guide is about a son who idolizes his blind father (J.K. Simmons) and is bemused by the mother’s newfound adolescence as he watches his family come closer together postdivorce. Elfman would play the ex-wife, opposite Simmons.
The talks reunite Elfman with NBC’s comedy brass, who oversaw her most recent TV effort as the first lady in the network’s short-lived 1600 Penn. The new half-hour series will premiere midseason, paired with About a Boy in the coveted post-Voice hour on Tuesdays.
Guide hails from Up All Night‘s DJ Nash and executive producers Jason Bateman and Jim Garavente. The pilot was directed by Friends alum David Schwimmer.
Elfman, whose other TV vehicles include Accidentally on Purpose and Dharma & Greg, is repped by WME, Brillstein and O’Melveny & Myers.
Email: Lacey.Rose@THR.com; Twitter: @LaceyVRose
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day