- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jenna Fischer is plotting her TV return (again).
The Office grad has been tapped to star in ABC’s Emily Kapnek comedy pilot Splitting Up Together, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.
Based on the Danish series created by Mette Heeno, Splitting Up Together is the story of a couple whose marriage is reignited by their divorce. Fischer will play the lead role of Lena, the always-prepared character who is struggling to navigate a new life after her divorce from her ex-husband Martin (currently uncast), whose laid-back approach to raising their three children appalls her.
Suburgatory grad Kapnek will pen the script and executive produce alongside Ellen DeGeneres, Jeff Kleeman, Heeno, Mie Andreasen and Hella Joof. Dean Holland will direct the Warner Bros. Television pilot.
This marks the latest TV return for Emmy nominee Fischer. Last season, she was poised to star opposite Matt LeBlanc in CBS comedy Man With a Plan, but exited the project after it was picked up to series as the show went in a different creative direction.
Fischer’s credits include the upcoming feature film Brad’s Status opposite Ben Stiller and NBC’s You, Me and the Apocalypse. She is repped by WME and Odenkirk Provissiero.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day