- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jennie Garth is not one to shy away from an uncomfortable subject. In an interview airing Friday on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, the actress acknowledged her recent divorce was not something she was “dying to talk about,” but said she would, because speaking out might do some good.
“I think by being open and honest with what I’m going through maybe it helps somebody else,” Garth said. “I know, I’ve heard from a lot of people that it helps them, maybe with what they’re going through. I’m not afraid to talk about it.”
Garth and Twilight actor Peter Facinelli announced their divorce last month. The couple married in 2001 after meeting in 1996 on the set of An Unfinished Affair, an ABC Television movie. They have three daughters together.
Ellen DeGeneres praised Garth for sharing.
“Obviously, it happens a lot of and a lot people can relate to you,” DeGeneres said. “You’re moving on and you have kids that you have to be there for.”
Garth said she and Facinelli were committed to their daughters, even if they were no longer a couple, and that the divorce had made her find strength she didn’t know she had.
Watch the video below.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day