- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
ABC is bolstering its comedy department.
The network has enlisted 20th Century Fox Television exec Jennifer Carreras as vp comedy. Carreras will report to ABC senior vp comedy Jamila Hunter, with whom she worked during her stint as vp comedy at 20th TV.
In her new role, Carreras will be responsible for overseeing development and production of new comedy series for the network.
“I’ve been fortunate enough to work with Jen for several years, both in my time as an executive at 20th and as a studio partner since I’ve been at ABC,” Hunter said. “She is incredibly smart, funny and collaborative, and I’m truly excited that she is joining our team.”
During her 10-year tenure at 20th TV, Carreras acquired comedy properties for development and packaging, in addition to working with talent including Nahnatchka Khan, Jason Winer, Steve Levitan, Phil Lord and Chris Miller, Jake Kasdan and the Chernin brothers. Before that, she was manager, and later director, of comedy development, working with the creative community to package, pitch and sell new projects to networks. Carreras began her career at NBC in comedy development.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day