- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Jennifer Connelly is headed for cable.
Based on the 2013 film starring Chris Evans and Tilda Swinton, Snowpiercer is described as a futuristic thriller set seven years after the world has become a frozen wasteland and the remnants of humanity inhabit a gigantic, perpetually moving train that circles the globe. Class warfare, social injustice and the politics of survival are questioned in this riveting television adaptation.
Connelly will take on the role of Melanie Cavill, a first-class passenger who works as the Voice of the Train, responsible for making the daily announcements over its PA system. Although many in her VIP position are dismissive of the lower-class passengers, Melanie is curiously fascinated by them. The original film was set in a post-apocalyptic Ice Age where the only remaining life on the planet survives aboard a train that travels around the globe.
Hamilton Tony winner Daveed Diggs stars.
Based on the 2013 Korean film, the TV series hails from Josh Friedman (Sarah Connor Chronicles, War of the Worlds), who will pen the script for Tomorrow Studios, which optioned the rights to the film in November 2015. Turner’s Studio T will co-produce.
Connelly’s credits include features Requiem for a Dream and Blood Diamond. She is repped by CAA.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day