- Share this article on Facebook
- Share this article on Twitter
- Share this article on Email
- Show additional share options
- Share this article on Print
- Share this article on Comment
- Share this article on Whatsapp
- Share this article on Linkedin
- Share this article on Reddit
- Share this article on Pinit
- Share this article on Tumblr
Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson and Modern Family co-star Sarah Hyland have joined the sequel, tentatively titled Five 2, The Hollywood Reporter has learned, with Bonnie Hunt on board to direct one of the shorts. Melissa Leo and Octavia Spencer have also joined the cast with Laura Dern also taking on directing one of the shorts.
Like its first breast cancer-themed installment, Five will feature five short films featuring A-list talent both in front and behind the camera. The sequel will address mental illness.
Jennifer Aniston, Marta Kauffman, Kristin Hahn, Kevin Chioyand Francesca Silvestri will return to executive produce Five 2, which will again be produced by Sony Pictures Television, Echo Films and Freestyle Picture Co.
The first installment starred Patricia Clarkson, Ginnifer Goodwin, Jeanne Tripplehorn, Josh Holloway and Jennifer Morrison, among others, with directors including Patty Jenkins, Aniston, Alicia Keys and Demi Moore.
The two-hour October 2011 telecast averaged just 1.3 million total viewers but was widely considered a prestige play for the female-skewing cable network.
Hudson, who next appears on the second season of NBC’s Smash, is repped by CAA and Abrams Garfinkel; Hyland is with WME and Ginsburg Daniels.
Sign up for THR news straight to your inbox every day